Unique features of the Hospital
- State-of-the-art medical equipment to the total value of R442million has been procured for the new hospital, including an MRI Scanner, two 64-Slice CT Scanners, totally digital radiology, Picture Archiving Communication System (PACS), etc.
- Only teaching hospital in South Africa that accommodates the hospital and University Clinical Department’s offices in one building.
- Operating Theatres, ICU’s, X-rays and associated wards are on same floor. Operating theatre patients are therefore not dependant on lift transport.
- Largest cook/chill kitchen in South Africa.
- Compact design - only six entrances.
- 832 beds; 53 ICU beds; 21 High Care beds; 61 Observation places; 108 Beds in the Oncology Complex; 21 Operating theatres (19 active); 19 Lifts and 80 Consulting rooms.
- Computed Tomography (PET-CT) scanner